The LYCRA Company Apparel Planet Agenda
In 2008, The LYCRA Company Apparel & Advanced Textiles launched Planet Agenda to communicate its environmental, health, safety and community commitments.
Planet Agenda also sets out the three sustainability ambitions:
- MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE - Minimizing The LYCRA Company's environmental footprint by conserving resources, reducing emissions and eliminating waste at its manufacturing plants,
- PRODUCT SUSTAINABILITY - Offering competitive products that meet the needs of the apparel markets using fewer resources and to enhance the environmental performance of all fabrics,
- CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY - Protecting the health and safety of our workers and communities and participating in local stewardship initiatives.
Watch this video to learn more about the program:
The LYCRA Company Apparel are making significant progress on sustainability. A selection of current initiatives are as follows:
- As part of the Manufacturing Excellence ambition, The LYCRA Company has made a commitment to reducing energy intensity 20% by 2020.
- In May 2014, The LYCRA Company Apparel announced the availability of LYCRA® fiber produced with a renewable, bio-based raw material. This innovation is part of our ambition to improving product sustainability.