Sophie Bramel is a freelance journalist who has been writing on smart textiles, sportswear and fashion for the past twenty years. Consultant Technical Editor for World Sports Activewear (WSA), she has also authored several books on the history, development and future of functional fibers and fabrics.
As consumers demand more from their garments, aesthetically and technically, interest for performance fabrics is moving beyond active sportswear. Does this imply rethinking technical textiles? What are the best fibres and blends to develop? What functions need to be emphasised and how should they be promoted? This talk will bring together suppliers of innovative textiles to discuss what fabrics are best suited to the versatile needs of crossover collections.
The interactive event will dive deeper into topics like:
- How does the industry defines athleisure and what products could be considered emblematic athleisure items?
- What key benefits/functions should athleisure products feature?
- How important is the role of texture, fibre?
- How does the industry see the trend evolve in men’s wear?
The discussing debate guests are:
- Mr Simon Whitmarsh-Knight, EMEA Marketing Account Director, Activewear and Outdoor INVISTA Apparel
- Mr Alexander Foyle, Managing Director EMEA of Celliant
- Mr Jeroen Muijseres, CEO of Flocus
- others – TBC