Exhibiting at Colombiatex is crucial to increasing the LYCRA® brand’s presence in Latin American markets. The LYCRA® fiber booth, one of the largest at the exhibition, was located in front of the main entrance, which also reflects the brand’s importance and influence in the region. LYCRA® fiber also had a presence in 23 additional booths operated by brand partners it has close relationships with including leading mills, packagers, brands and retailers. Exhibitors that used LYCRA® fiber in their textiles and garments included Coltejer, Fatelastex, Tejidos Gulfer, Protela, Lafayette, Guarnetex, Textiles Balalaika, Saraxy, Encajes, Proélasticos and Triconylon…
#Hashtag Marketing Takes Off
Prior to the show, the LYCRA® brand helped generate excitement and drive brand engagement through a social media hashtag campaign: #LYCRAMOVESCOLOMBIA. Fashion industry insiders and consumers alike embraced the campaign that generated posts on various platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The campaign helped create an emotional connection to the brand as social media users posted photos of their favorite looks made possible by LYCRA® fiber.
The amount of consumer engagement in the campaign also showed the high level of brand awareness LYCRA® fiber has among consumers in Latin America. Why not leverage this positive brand perception and use it to increase sell-out at the retail level? Identify all garments made with LYCRA® fiber by ordering free LYCRA® fiber brand hangtags to display in stores. They are the perfect call to action for consumers who seek out the LYCRA® fiber brand for its high quality, comfort and perfect fit.
LYCRA® fiber is the original, premium spandex fiber. For nearly 60 years it has provided world-class support for all of its customers—from technical advice for mill owners to marketing support at the retail level. Here are a few of the ways LYCRA® fiber built brand value at Colombiatex:
- Presented four different fashion shows per day in the LYCRA® fiber booth to promote customer’s brands in swimwear, intimate apparel, ready-to-wear, and active outdoor.
- Offered insightful presentations on fashion trends to give LYCRA® brand partners a competitive edge in the marketplace and increase the likelihood of retail sell-out.
- Partnered with five designers and manufacturers to raise awareness of the LYCRA® brand and its hangtag by executing co-marketing activities targeting consumers at El Tesoro Fashion Mall.
- Executed social media hashtag campaign: #LYCRAMOVESCOLOMBIA as part of a public relations campaign to raise overall brand awareness.
- Hosted a VIP client event.
- Participated in the Colombian National Selection runway show. The exclusive runway event showcased fabrics made by some of LYCRA® fiber’s major customers.