Turn-key solution: LYCRA® SPORT PCE™ certified fabrics take the guesswork out of selecting the right fabric for the right application.
The LYCRA® SPORT platform combines the proven stretch technology of LYCRA® fiber with demanding testing standards that, not only measure fabric performance, but also helps to assess comfort in wear. PCE™ certified fabrics have been rigorously tested and documented by fabric scientists to show you precisely how a fabric will perform across three indexes (POWER, COMFORT, and ENERGY). Indexes are provided for both fabric length and width to provide a complete picture of the stretch and recovery properties.
Avoid choosing the wrong fabric. Let INVISTA be your in-house fabric specialist!
How It Works
Choose the best combination of indexes to identify the ideal performance fabric for the desired end use. Each index rates one specific performance parameter on a simplified 1-10 scale:
- POWER index (Pi) – measures the performance (compression force exerted on limbs) delivered by the fabric.
- COMFORT index (Ci) – measures the fabric’s ability to move with you without feeling it, or the “second skin” effect.
- ENERGY index (Ei) – measures the energy lost when moving the garment.
Satisfy your consumer’s need for targeted support by creating garments designed to help them optimize their athletic performance.
Benefits for Brands:
- Eliminate waste, save time and money thanks to simple to understand Power, Comfort and Energy indexes (PCE™ values) that enables you to pick the right fabric, every time
- Identify the right fabric for the right sports category, comfort assured, thanks to LYCRA® SPORT technology’s easy-to-use PCE™ index
- Reduce the time needed for garment design and increase speed to market by quickly and easily choosing the appropriate performance fabric
- Reduce merchandise returns and consumer complaints and increase brand loyalty by meeting a consumer’s need for comfortable targeted compression
- Drive sell-through by tapping into LYCRA® brand’s 87% consumer awareness* with free LYCRA® SPORT technology hangtags and virtual hangtags
Check out some of the latest LYCRA® SPORT PCE™ approved fabrics from European mills below:
Check out latest Explosive fabric technology by Brugnoli®
Brugnoli’s latest Explosive fabric collection has it all! “Maximum performance with unbeatable comfort” is the promise of this special 100% Made in Italy fabric.
Explore Liebaert’s NanoStitch Collection for Activewear
The NanoStitch collection offers three groups of fabrics engineered to meet the demanding comfort and compression requirements of consumers buying sportswear today.
Discover stunning bi-stretch woven fabrics from Payen
Expert in bi-stretch woven fabrics, Payen’s ESF brand is launching a super lightweight PCE™ tested fabric for sport activities.
* Source: 2017 Global Insights Study, IPSOS. LYCRA® fiber has the highest consumer awareness of any branded fiber.
LYCRA® is a trademark of INVISTA.