INVISTA representatives introduced three new hosiery innovations at the conference that are designed to meet global consumer needs, add value to any collection, and create new opportunities for business growth:
- LYCRA® FUSION® TRUE TO YOU technology is a patent-pending innovation allowing the creation of transparent 3D hosiery that delivers a natural-looking luster or shine to the legs. The innovation is a combination of a new LYCRA® FUSION® yarn with new knitting construction to add ladder/run-resistance benefits to the premium fit and uniformity of a 3D construction—all in a sheer hose with a natural shine.
- THERMOLITE® FIR technology is a spun dyed black fiber embedded with special ceramic pigments that absorbs the wearer’s infrared radiation and reflects it back to them as heat energy. This improves the body’s heat retention and keeps legs warmer longer. Knitted with LYCRA® BLACK technology, it fulfills consumers’ expectation for true black leggings that won’t fade or wash out after wearing and washing.
- LYCRA® MADE TO FIT YOU technology, originally created for knee-highs, is being expanded to offer the same benefits to stay-ups (thigh-highs). The key to delivering enhanced comfort and fit is the top band’s construction, which is engineered to fit a variety of thigh shapes. The hosiery stays in place all day without roll over and dig in, so the wearer experiences a “second skin” effect that will appeal to new consumers and revitalize the category.
Explore Market Trends and More
LYCRA® FIBER MOVES is a not-to-be-missed seminar where global legwear industry insiders gather for networking, inspiration and ideas from experts in a variety of fields. This year’s agenda included an impressive list of topics and speakers, including:
- Financial Macro Trends by Alan Friedman, author and columnist
- Consumer Mega Trends for Millennials by Alison Angus, Euromonitor
- Garments for Cold Climates by Professor Ada Ferri, Politecnico di Torino
- Digitalization in Apparel by Anna Borkowicz, WTiN
- The Millennial Consumer and How They Shape Retail by Miles Agbanrin, Euromonitor
- 2019/2020 Trends for Hosiery and Socks by Anne Marie Commandeur, Stijlinstituut Amsterdam
Following cocktails and dinner, a highly anticipated fashion show brought Stijlinstituut Amsterdam’s forecasted 2019/2020 legwear trends to life and showcased the latest innovations for hosiery and socks.
“The LYCRA® brand name has been associated with game-changing, market-driven innovations that have redefined what’s possible for 60 years,” said Sybille Bald, global segment leader – legwear. “Whether we’re introducing new fibers, developing new construction techniques, or improving on leading technologies in our portfolio, LYCRA® FIBER MOVES demonstrates how innovation is still at the heart of everything we do today.”
To learn more about the new technologies, contact your regional LYCRA® brand marketing representative listed below.
LYCRA®, FUSION® and THERMOLITE® are trademarks of INVISTA