High stretch fabrics provide the flexibility and comfort women are seeking, but there can be drawbacks. For instance, high restraining force limits the wearer’s comfort and jammed construction gives denim a more synthetic appearance. How do you create denim that delivers the lasting comfort, fit and aesthetics that women desire today?
Introducing LYCRA® FREEF!T® technology for denim and woven pant. This innovation can help address consumer needs by providing the optimum balance of comfort in wear and shape retention. Starting with LYCRA® dualFX® technology, the yarns are treated via a patented process then woven in a construction to achieve optimal retractive power. The resulting fabric offers mid-to-high stretch with high recovery and much lower compression force than is typically found in stretch denim. You can also enhance the sustainability profile of LYCRA® FREEF!T® technology by using both LYCRA® T400® EcoMade fiber, and LYCRA® 166L fiber, which has received Gold Level Material Health certification from the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
BENEFITS FOR MILLS
• Low fabric growth and wash shrinkage
• No heat setting required
• No new capital investment for equipment required—only processing adjustments
• Add more value to your denim by opting for LYCRA® T400® EcoMade technology and LYCRA® 166L fiber, which offer enhanced sustainability
• Certify your fabrics to be eligible for free hangtags and harness LYCRA® brand power to drive sales down the value chain
BENEFITS FOR BRANDS AND RETAILERS
• Add value and differentiation your collections by eliminating causes of consumer dissatisfaction
• Fabric has easy linear stretch with good recovery
• Wider fit window offers potential for sizing flexibility
• Soft hand with natural denim look and feel
• Appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers by opting for LYCRA® T400® EcoMade technology and LYCRA® 166L fiber, which offer enhanced sustainability
• Eligible for free hangtags to educate consumers on key performance benefits to drive sales
BENEFITS FOR CONSUMERS
• Flexible comfort with low restraint (less compressive force makes it easier to move freely)
• Lasting shape retention—jeans keep their shape wear after wear, wash after wash
• Soft touch feels good against the skin
• Natural denim look and feel
• Garments are easy to put on and comfortable to wear
LYCRA® Brand Solutions for Denim
To learn more about LYCRA® FREEF!T® technology and The LYCRA Company’s other best-in-class solutions for denim and wovens, contact your marketing manager today!
* Denim Study, 2CV, 2016
LYCRA®, dualFX® and FREEF!T® are trademarks of The LYCRA Company.