LYCRA® STEAM SETTABLE technology
LYCRA® STEAM-SETTABLE technology has been specially developed for legwear applications that require greater steam-settability than standard elastane so that garments can be steam-boarded to shape for an aesthetically pleasing layout. It is the preferred technology for producing hosiery with LYCRA® 3D technology, in which LYCRA® fiber is knit into every course, and for boarded socks that are sized convincingly for enhanced counter appeal.
LYCRA® STEAM-SETTABLE technology is based on two innovative LYCRA® fiber types:
- LYCRA® T178C fiber: for hosiery and as a plating yarn for socks.
- LYCRA® T188C fiber: for hosiery only, it provides even greater steam-settability for enhanced table layout and foot definition.
- High steam-settability for efficient boarding
- Ideal for hosiery with LYCRA® fiber in every knitted course
- Preferred for LYCRA® 3D technology